Music Banter - View Single Post - By the way, which one's Pink?-Pink Floyd reviewed
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 08:31 PM   #55 (permalink)
SubPop
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainard Jalen View Post
Constantly smoking pot for years on end counts as substance abuse, in my world.
okay if you want to live in that ingnorant world (ie pot smoking decreases your intelligence) thats fine. Pink Floyd did enjoy the odd smoke but they were hardly smoking all the time. You are getting their fans mixed up with the band.

Quote:
And yet, if they had an iota of intelligence they would sort out their problems and stay together even just 'cause it makes more business sense. Sorry but whatever way you look at it, a bad break-up usually implies a bunch of braindead morons.
Okay, the beatles, The Dead Kennedys, Husker Du, The Pixies, Janes Addiction there are many bands that break-up on bad terms, it does not make them stupid. Being in a band and hanging with the same people all the time for years can be a strain on good relationships especially when collaborating artistically. The more I think about what you are saying the more I am thinking you are either young, stupid yourself or just being a troll.
If you have anything else to say on the matter please explain how "a bad break-up usually implies a bunch of braindead morons".

Quote:
That depends upon who you are. If you're Roger Walters, it sure as hell does!
Roger is a creative genius you goose! If the only evidence that you have to the contrary is that he smoked pot all the time (lie) and that he has a big ego stfu.

Re: the wall, I agree with a lot that you say, however I think you are being a little hard on the album. Whilst not on par with their other 70's albums I do think it is a better album than some of their 60's releases (atom heart mother, saucerful, more, and ummagumma)

Re: Final cut, great review, great underrated album. I would add "southhampton dock/The final cut" to the 2 songs you mentioned as highlights of the album.
SubPop is offline   Reply With Quote