Music Banter - View Single Post - Lil Wayne
Thread: Lil Wayne
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #72 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
well, delivery, flow and beats generally make up hip hop. It's like critiquing a rock band without mentioning how they played the instruments.

Plus delivery isn't very technical, at least from my standpoint, though proggyman may argue otherwise. I don't think of it technically, i just think wether or not how this guy is rapping is cool or original.

Its part of the reason im still listning to method man even after ive matured past his lyrical content ("nigga's like glue, whatever you say rubs off me onto you").

also, not to **** all over your lil wayne thread, but i had to post this before i forgot.

That's genius but anyway I understand there's a technical aspect and it makes up the aspects of the genre but I'm getting tired of discussing it and having the same argument in every single thread. I don't listen to Lil Wayne when I want technically perfect hip hop I listen to him when I want something that's entertaining and amusing.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote