Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Is Lil Wayne overrated?
Yes 19 86.36%
No 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2008, 04:18 PM   #71 (permalink)
you know what it is
 
simplephysics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,888
Default

I must admit for the amount of weed Lil' Wayne smokes his lyrics and rhyme scheme never seen to falter.Tha Carter II and Dedication Vol 2 are his strongest in my opinion.
__________________
one font under god
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I could be cute if I wanted to be, I just choose not to because you wouldn't be able to handle yourself.
simplephysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:18 PM   #72 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
well, delivery, flow and beats generally make up hip hop. It's like critiquing a rock band without mentioning how they played the instruments.

Plus delivery isn't very technical, at least from my standpoint, though proggyman may argue otherwise. I don't think of it technically, i just think wether or not how this guy is rapping is cool or original.

Its part of the reason im still listning to method man even after ive matured past his lyrical content ("nigga's like glue, whatever you say rubs off me onto you").

also, not to **** all over your lil wayne thread, but i had to post this before i forgot.

That's genius but anyway I understand there's a technical aspect and it makes up the aspects of the genre but I'm getting tired of discussing it and having the same argument in every single thread. I don't listen to Lil Wayne when I want technically perfect hip hop I listen to him when I want something that's entertaining and amusing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:35 AM   #73 (permalink)
n/a
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
He has such lazy delivery.
I don't think he's lazy, he definitely is passive but his unorthodox style usually means he comes off that way. Admittedly I'm no fan of his but he can definitely ride a beat well.
pheurton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:58 PM   #74 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Scranton, PA
Posts: 1
Default

What do you think are some of Lil Wayne's best songs? (famous or not)... I just downloaded 2.5 gigs of his stuff and its gonna take me a while to find the best songs lol
CheckIts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:03 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,194
Default

Well it certainty isn't what iv been hearing on the radio...
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:07 PM   #76 (permalink)
you know what it is
 
simplephysics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
Well it certainty isn't what iv been hearing on the radio...
I agree, I hate the songs that get choosen for his singles. Fireman was all well and good for Tha Carter II, but Lollipop is complete **** in my opinion, nowhere near his best.
__________________
one font under god
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I could be cute if I wanted to be, I just choose not to because you wouldn't be able to handle yourself.
simplephysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:27 PM   #77 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1
Default

I personally don't get why people like his music..I think his lyrics are pretty disgusting.
Most disgusting rapper has to go to either him or Trina
drfe_552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:35 PM   #78 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

What's wrong with his lyrics?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:27 AM   #79 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
That's genius but anyway I understand there's a technical aspect and it makes up the aspects of the genre but I'm getting tired of discussing it and having the same argument in every single thread. I don't listen to Lil Wayne when I want technically perfect hip hop I listen to him when I want something that's entertaining and amusing.
Delivery is half of what makes him entertaining and amusing.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:41 PM   #80 (permalink)
you know what it is
 
simplephysics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
What's wrong with his lyrics?
I agree, his music is ALOT cleanier than most of the rappers from the "dirrrty south." I mean, I'd rather listen to Wayne rapping about toking it up than Webbie rapping about how fat some girl's ass is.
__________________
one font under god
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I could be cute if I wanted to be, I just choose not to because you wouldn't be able to handle yourself.
simplephysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.