Music Banter - View Single Post - Indecision 2008 -what do you think?????
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 07:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingUpRoses View Post
Both pretty much fail, but it really doesn't matter because my 18th birthday is about 2 or so days after Election Day. .

If I had to pick I'd say Obama. He's pulled in more than half the amount of money from his campaign than McCain has. Plus he's not a conservative. woooo.
Why do they fail?

And considering what we called a conservative in 2004, I'm going to agree with Predator and say McCain isn't a conservative either.

Still I'm going with Obama, despite his less than exceptional positions on things like the Capitol Gains Tax. He's got more of a diplomatic edge to him. I was reading in Newsweek (this month with Chruchhill on the cover) that the best foreign policy leaders were ones who wanted diplomacy but were not afraid to use force. Or threaten in convincingly.

McCain is an all of nothing kind of guy, he opposed our air strikes in Serbia because we didn't also send in ground troops. He correctly supports the surge, but incorrectly advocates for the invasion of Iran, although recent commentary about economic withdrawal might save face.

McCain has a Charter school mentality when it comes to education and I feel strongly that Charter schools give way to a new American class system, one that deprives people of social mobility.

McCain also supports offshore drilling which will do nothing but screw our marine waters. And worst of all he's kowtowed to the religious and neo-conservative right where he once stood in brilliant opposition.

And I love Obama's constant channeling of Jack Kennedy where in he cribs Kennedy's "we should never negotiate out of fear, but we should never fear to negotiate."

Well, those are my reasonings. As for Rezz, that might be one of the more ignorant things I've read on here.

What you're suggesting is that all Blacks are uneducated and can't speak...is that your implication?