Music Banter - View Single Post - The Black Keys
Thread: The Black Keys
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 11:22 AM   #60 (permalink)
Farfisa
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dp View Post
but you have to look at the music a lot of people on here like as well. i think a lot of people seeing the black keys don't even know who or what they are about except they know they are "kinda indie". They are a blues rock outfit and nothing more. if you are a hipster emo nerd you aren't going to like them in concert. nothing wrong with that. just a matter of taste. I can't tell you how many people there didn't know to cheer when good songs were coming on and didn't even have a clue what songs the keys were covering when they were covering it. too many people are about the scene rather than the music. i remember them covering a Captain Beefheart song and half the crowd had no clue what it was. a crowd can make or break a performance and I have a feeling most people who complain about seeing them live just don't understand blues rock or were in crappy crowds. luckily, in mine there were enough good fans to make the crowd awesome. but that is D.C. and why it is the best place to see a band, because D.C. crowds know music better than any crowd.

oh and i love that quote you have up. that is hilarious.

edit: and ornette said he saw them twice and liked them. I seriously don't believe some people who say they sucked live actually saw them. I haven't seen so few people own a stage as well except for when I saw Kanye.
I don't know much about them and i had heard from multiple people that their live shows were unexciting, so...yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingUpRoses View Post
In their defense how exciting can a two man band get live?
depends who's in it really...
Farfisa is offline   Reply With Quote