Music Banter - View Single Post - The Definitve List: Most Overrated Bands\Artists ever
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 02:13 AM   #25 (permalink)
the_dp
Self Reliant Independent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piss Me Off View Post
Hehe good thread! Of course i don't agree with all of them but never mind. I want to see your statement on Mariah Carey. I don't see why she's number 1, i think it's an american thing, i don't think anyone really cares about her over here.

Dunno if you're joking or not, but why not argue your case?
Kanye West to me is a brilliant person to be there, style over substance, i for one am not going to be won over by his lazy sampling and massive claims.
People who hate him tend to look to much at his public persona and not at his music. He uses great samples and makes them his own. Sampling good songs is not lazy and he makes his own raps to them. if you had ever heard his Young Folks rap maybe you would agree. He IS the greatest rapper alive and personally he is the only rapper whose albums I have been able to listen to all the way through without skipping a track (Dropout and Graduation, Late Registration had a few filler tracks.) He doesn't just try to rap fast, he even occasionally sings. In concert he will sing a lot of the lyrics he doesn't sing on the albums and the guy can totally own an entire crowd. The only reason people jump on the hate wagon now is because of Bonnaroo ( a commercial venue I would never frequent btw) and how he basically got bluefalconed by Robert Randolph (a talentless DMB wannabe) and the event coordinator (as well as Pearl Jam, the worthless of the worthless band).
the_dp is offline   Reply With Quote