Music Banter - View Single Post - The Definitve List: Most Overrated Bands\Artists ever
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 01:30 AM   #111 (permalink)
DJ Phoenix
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double X View Post
No. Please No. You are just drunk at the keyboard right?
No, I actually DO NOT like Bob Dylan, and do not know what the big deal is about him? sorry, just don't get him.

Quote:
And if Kiss is your idea of good music, I'm not entirely sure this forum is right for you...
So they're not your cup of tea, had no idea to "fit in" around here, we all had to have your opinions and your likes in music? You don't like KISS? I do....I never said they were the end all be all of bands, nor musicians, but, i was very young when I first got into them, and they were my first real favorite band. They're much better showmen than anything else. Go see them live, you might change your opinion? Plus, as i said, everyone @ some point or another has: borrowed, stolen, copied, duplicated something from their stage shows.

You and everyone else don't have to like them, thats fine. But, go to one of their shows, and you'll realize: you'll get your moneys worth, they dont short change you like other artists/groups do. They give you everything you paid for admission to the show, that i can guarantee you. I have friends who hated them, and went to see them, and they said"Man, didnt like some of their music, but their shows are kick ass". Any band that does that, 35+ years later? is ok in my book.

The list of artists bands that **** on fans during tours or walk off stage, or cut shows short, is endless, we all know someone who's done that. When was the last time you heard anything about anyone from KISS walking off stage, or not giving their fans their Moneys worth?

They still might not be for everyone, and thats fine, but I like them, and thats all that matters to me.
By the way, apology accepted.

Quote:
You've never heard a Grateful Dead song yet you're judging them?

I take that back...I heard 2 songs of theirs on the radio today, and i wasn't impressed, sorry.

Since we're still on the subject, I've thought of 2 more bands/artists I do not like, and dont get all the hoopla for them:

Pink Floyd-I'm sure they're wonderful musicians, and i liked "Another brick in the wall", but they're certainly not this Messiah-istic band everyone talks so highly about, just my opinion of course. I dont need to hear at nauseum how "awesome" David Gilmour is. Jimmy Page is FAR better, and Im not that big of a LZ fan either.

Jimmy Buffett-Dont get him, or his music.

Last edited by DJ Phoenix; 07-16-2008 at 01:48 AM.
DJ Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote