Music Banter - View Single Post - The Definitve List: Most Overrated Bands\Artists ever
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 01:28 PM   #178 (permalink)
lucifer_sam
Unrepentant Ass-Mod

Ahhh, the glory of Wikipedia. And the fallacy of people that read it too quickly and skim too unthoroughly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogivesaflux View Post
Man, you talk about self contrived nonsense. Bull**** according to who? You have provided ZERO references to back up what you are contending. ZERO.
"The Golden Age of Rock lectures define art rock as 'a piece of music in the rock idiom that is appealing more intellectually or musically, that is, not formulated along pop lines for mass consumption.'"

Quote:
Incidentally Art Rock has NOTHING to do with your spouted nonsense about "art used in conjunction" with a music group. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Art Rock was a term used to denote the most elaborate of PROGRESSIVE ROCK groups like Yes & ELP.
I never said it was. In the case of VU, that's what they intended. However, art rock also defines a genre of a "more mainstream compositional nature, leading to experiemntation in this genre." This brings along Roxy Music, Brian Eno, David Bowie...and holy shit! The Velvet Underground.

Quote:
Man, it's not me here that isn't making sense or spouting bull****. People NEED to stop being defensive and start making with the logic. I am still pretty awed by the Urban Hate person. Now that's some tricky logic but you'll understand me better when I reply.
Yes, he's a magnificent specimen, isn't he?