Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Top 10 METAL Bands
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 03:48 PM   #422 (permalink)
The Unfan
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice_of_the_Soul12,13,01 View Post
And what's this logic that some have that "if the scene kids like it, well it HAS to suck"? Granted, alot of people are just looking for something to listen to and don't care about quality, but if you base your opinions off of the opinions of other people, you're going to miss out on alot.
My logic isn't that because scene kids like it it will suck. I'll give it an honest listen, but based on the average person who seems to like it I'm not expecting much. I also agree that basing your opinions off of other people's opinions is dumb, and disingenuous at best.

Quote:
And old black metal rules.
It isn't really an age thing. Summoning date back pretty far and they're really solid. Rotting Christ would be another example of a black metal band who's been around for years and has managed to release a lot of good material. Just for the most part I can't get into raw black metal for some reason. It just feels lacking in something.

Quote:
Arcturus.
Is an essential part of every metal collection, although I wouldn't recommend them to someone just getting into metal. They're a bit rough around the edges and artsy.
The Unfan is offline   Reply With Quote