Music Banter - View Single Post - Blur or Oasis
Thread: Blur or Oasis
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 10:39 AM   #106 (permalink)
ADELE
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfAtTheDoor View Post
oasis are a pale imitation of what they could have been after their first two albums, in my opinion nothing since has lived up to the hype surrounding them. But in some sort of Primal Scream-esque eternal forgiveness from the public, they are allowed to make **** albums whilst people still adore them. Blur are one of those bands who are very well known, yet not many people know as much by them as they should.

But I also would like to know... what bandwagon has Blur jumped on?
Shoe gazing music and manc scene was popular in 89-90 as early blur left middle class colleges and friends got them a deal and the record company liked the manc scene so made them record 'no other way' and dress all flowery. They did what they were told.
That is jumping on the bandwagon.
Secondly they put off the release of country house to get Oasis rivalry with roll with it (a waeker song off the album) to grow their own sales and make people aware of them.
Hence the still touted comparison.
That is hopping on two different musical bandwagons and riding them till they split and moving on.

When people knock Oasis remember that a bands explosion will always be biggest but they have some hits like I said with sunday morning call, let there be love, stop crying your heart out, stand by me etc.
Black Sabbath only ever did one song paranoid and made a career from it.
Oasis couldn't be expected to sing about the same things forever could they?
Bowie didn't, the stones make new albums and we never hear a single song from them as they tour with the oldies.
ADELE is offline   Reply With Quote