Music Banter - View Single Post - Blur or Oasis
Thread: Blur or Oasis
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 05:04 AM   #109 (permalink)
sweet_nothing
Da Hiphopopotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADELE View Post
Shoe gazing music and manc scene was popular in 89-90 as early blur left middle class colleges and friends got them a deal and the record company liked the manc scene so made them record 'no other way' and dress all flowery. They did what they were told.
That is jumping on the bandwagon.
Secondly they put off the release of country house to get Oasis rivalry with roll with it (a waeker song off the album) to grow their own sales and make people aware of them.
Hence the still touted comparison.
That is hopping on two different musical bandwagons and riding them till they split and moving on.

When people knock Oasis remember that a bands explosion will always be biggest but they have some hits like I said with sunday morning call, let there be love, stop crying your heart out, stand by me etc.
Black Sabbath only ever did one song paranoid and made a career from it.
Oasis couldn't be expected to sing about the same things forever could they?
Bowie didn't, the stones make new albums and we never hear a single song from them as they tour with the oldies.
Blur never considered themselves a shoe gaze band and where dubbed that by the NME because they came out at the right time and place. Also 'they dressed all flowery'? What the hell are you talking about? Also Blur have been around longer than Oasis. And they're was no need to 'get noticed' since their album Parklife was hugley succesful and won many awards such as best album at the Brit awards , so you can throw that entire idea into the trash. The second part of your post is just laughable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chartsengrafs View Post
sweet nothing openly flaunts the fact that he is merely the empty shell of an even more unadmirable member. his loneliness and need for attention bleeds through every letter he types. edit: i would just like to add that i'm ashamed that he's from texas. surely you didn't grow up in texas, did you sweet nothing?
sweet_nothing is offline   Reply With Quote