Music Banter - View Single Post - Slavery
Thread: Slavery
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 09:58 AM   #75 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
First and foremost to all, I appreciate and enjoy the discussion. It's important to have dialog about issues like this.

Moving on. Lucy Sam:

While I appreciate your thoughtfulness, I think my viewpoint has been misrepresented. I never said racism does not exist, i stated America is the least racist country in the world and that a lot of people are quick to cry racism without really looking into it.

Racism is not a problem that needs to be addressed publicly in America. Only privately. All these cries of racism create disdain and keep barriers up between the races.

Anyone who argues with this is wrong, plain and simple. If you think America is a racist country, you're wrong. It's not open for debate, I have 35+ years of life experience all across this country to say that with great conviction. Ask yourself "how many people do I know that are truly racist. That truly base their treatment of other human beings based on their skin color.

Compare that to your grandparents or for some even your parents generation.

This thread illustrates my point. I can even suggest people are not racist without having someone far less experienced or read on the subject tell me how wrong I am and never cite a single real life example of racism.

This post is getting too long
I don't think the point was that America is a racist country, or that the majority of the people are racists. Just that it's still a problem that is too common, and still needs to be recognized.

I still disagree abut America being the least racist. I haven't travelled everywhere, but iceland seemed pretty chill.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote