Music Banter - View Single Post - northern soul or ska
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 03:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
the-ottband
Groupie

Default northern soul or ska

hello every body we are la large band and i joined a a music site the other day and i put our sound down as alternative and i got an email off them because i had asked a question something to do with promotion and the guy sent me an email and said well it would help if you labelled your self in the right genre.. so i emailed him back and asked which one they thought and they havent answered back so i thought i would ask some ska fans because some of our songs contain a lot of brass because i love that sound so if any body would check us out i would be grateful i think our sound is northern soul / ska but that does not really devine you this is the first time i treid to ask a foram like this so i really would be interested in what people here think... i have joined this site with the hope of promoting the ottband and any advise about how or what i should be doing i would also be thankful i have been logging on here a quite few times and and looking around different posts reading what people are saying but im finding it a bit of a grey area about what i should be doing thanks tony