Music Banter - View Single Post - My list of "100 things that annoy me about music"!
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 09:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cobe Kai
i is a gud righter.

INDIE MUSIC
And the indie kids and everything associated

I don't know why, maybe it's the fact it's forced on me, or the fact that I love alternative music, but I literally HATE indie kids, indie music, and the whole indie scene.

These people don't know music! They think music started with Oasis and Blur. I liked Blur until these blasted indie kids took it. I can't listen to the radio in my sixth form common room without being bombarded with this terrible, same-sounding, corporately made songs!
They physically hurt my ears! Being forced to listen to 'Radiohead' or 'Bloc Party' (I hate them both so much) and I'm only being forced to listen to it because it's popular right now!

I'm a grunger, always will be, I don't deny the fact that I've been labelled this. If anything it says Im doing it right. But as such, I don't find many people liking The Melvins, The Pixies or Mudhoney... I do find people worshipping idiots like The Automatic and Thing-things who I've /tried/ listening to, but end up wanting to kill myself!
THEY SOUND EXACTLY THE SAME

Now on to the clothing. All from Top-Shop or Top-Man... I hate it! I hate the look of it, it makes me feel ill! I hate the people wearing them (usually pompous little half wit guys, playing to the indie mould or anorexic girls with nothing better to do than be idiots).

I was forced into a class with them in my previous Sixth Form... and all they do is make up ridiculous stuff and talk about pointless things! It bugs me completely that they're so hypocritical and how I'm being forced this stupid SCENE onto me. They all insulted me and took the micky out of anything I liked, but I knew the history of it, and fought back with facts, and these idiots (not all though, I'm sure) genuinely believe that music began with Radiohead... that bands like The Pixies never mattered.
(although if you check up on it, Radiohead refused to play after the pixies, saying they could never follow such a great band)
They honestly think that blues and the development of music doesn't matter. That classic rock bands ALL SUCK.

I asked one to name a classic rock band... they said Oasis! OASIS! I told them they aren't and they refused to accept that Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath, Def Leppard, Van Halen or Judas Priest did anything for music or are classic rock!

I don't know why it's so popular, but goddam it, I hate everything to do with it. The clothing, the scene, the sound, the attitude. It all sucks! It all stinks!

So in short, I HATE INDIE.
Independant music labels are different, because they may not be an 'indie brand'. We need to understand the difference between major and indie in that respect.

But I hate:
Indie music
Indie kids
Indie personality
Indie attitude
Indie clothes
THE INDIE SCENE!

Earth.
Cobe Kai is offline   Reply With Quote