Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 09:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
i is a gud righter.
 
Cobe Kai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 248
Default My list of "100 things that annoy me about music"!

First off, I am indeed ripping off 'Urban Hatemonger' here, and posting my top 100 things that annoy me about music.

Secondly, I know not everyone will agree with me, but this is my opportunity to voice some opinions of mine and gauge a reaction from people.
You don't have to agree, to be honest, I don't give two, but respect my opinion and I shall respect yours.

Don't come here to tell me Urban Hatemonger's is better, he is better known, more popular and knows more about certain areas of music than I do, but I know more in other areas. He is always going to have a better reaction to his statements than I.

I'll be voicing my opinions as best I can, in no particular order, whatever is pissing me off on a particular day will be the topic of the next number in sequence.

I will post a new one every day. So this will end in 100 days or so (depending)

No haters please, it's not needed.

And please don't quote the whole bulk of what I say. Only what you need, and not the picture. People quoting the whole thing annoys me on Urban Hatemonger's 100.
__________________

Earth.
Cobe Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
i is a gud righter.
 
Cobe Kai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 248
Default

#100

INDIE MUSIC
And the indie kids and everything associated

I don't know why, maybe it's the fact it's forced on me, or the fact that I love alternative music, but I literally HATE indie kids, indie music, and the whole indie scene.

These people don't know music! They think music started with Oasis and Blur. I liked Blur until these blasted indie kids took it. I can't listen to the radio in my sixth form common room without being bombarded with this terrible, same-sounding, corporately made songs!
They physically hurt my ears! Being forced to listen to 'Radiohead' or 'Bloc Party' (I hate them both so much) and I'm only being forced to listen to it because it's popular right now!

I'm a grunger, always will be, I don't deny the fact that I've been labelled this. If anything it says Im doing it right. But as such, I don't find many people liking The Melvins, The Pixies or Mudhoney... I do find people worshipping idiots like The Automatic and Thing-things who I've /tried/ listening to, but end up wanting to kill myself!
THEY SOUND EXACTLY THE SAME

Now on to the clothing. All from Top-Shop or Top-Man... I hate it! I hate the look of it, it makes me feel ill! I hate the people wearing them (usually pompous little half wit guys, playing to the indie mould or anorexic girls with nothing better to do than be idiots).

I was forced into a class with them in my previous Sixth Form... and all they do is make up ridiculous stuff and talk about pointless things! It bugs me completely that they're so hypocritical and how I'm being forced this stupid SCENE onto me. They all insulted me and took the micky out of anything I liked, but I knew the history of it, and fought back with facts, and these idiots (not all though, I'm sure) genuinely believe that music began with Radiohead... that bands like The Pixies never mattered.
(although if you check up on it, Radiohead refused to play after the pixies, saying they could never follow such a great band)
They honestly think that blues and the development of music doesn't matter. That classic rock bands ALL SUCK.

I asked one to name a classic rock band... they said Oasis! OASIS! I told them they aren't and they refused to accept that Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath, Def Leppard, Van Halen or Judas Priest did anything for music or are classic rock!

I don't know why it's so popular, but goddam it, I hate everything to do with it. The clothing, the scene, the sound, the attitude. It all sucks! It all stinks!

So in short, I HATE INDIE.
Independant music labels are different, because they may not be an 'indie brand'. We need to understand the difference between major and indie in that respect.

But I hate:
Indie music
Indie kids
Indie personality
Indie attitude
Indie clothes
THE INDIE SCENE!

__________________

Earth.
Cobe Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Black Lives Matter
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,392
Default

I already hate this.
__________________
wwwp makes you a playlist pt. 1
wwwp makes you a playlist pt. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I know what real life is, I've been living in it for well over a decade
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Lol, indie kids everywhere completely drool all over Doolittle.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
i is a gud righter.
 
Cobe Kai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
Lol, indie kids everywhere completely drool all over Doolittle.
When you say drool over. Do you mean they like it, or don't get it? Because all the ones I speak to never even heard of The Pixies... but I just finished downloading Doolittle =P
__________________

Earth.
Cobe Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

I mean like it alot.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Da Hiphopopotamus
 
sweet_nothing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: cloud cuckoo land
Posts: 4,039
Default

Yeh, Indie music sux
sweet_nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
i is a gud righter.
 
Cobe Kai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_nothing View Post
Yeh, Indie music sux
The sarcasm. -___-.

I did say no haters, and to respect my opinion. It's an opinion. It's not right or wrong. No need to attack like it is.
__________________

Earth.
Cobe Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobe Kai View Post
When you say drool over. Do you mean they like it, or don't get it? Because all the ones I speak to never even heard of The Pixies... but I just finished downloading Doolittle =P
Indie kids who've never heard of the Pixies? Is that even allowed in the indieverse?
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
i is a gud righter.
 
Cobe Kai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Indie kids who've never heard of the Pixies? Is that even allowed in the indieverse?
I've never talked to an indie kid who's ever heard of them! NEVER. Once I mention them, it's like 'who?'.

MY OPINIONS ARE DRAWN FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
__________________

Earth.
Cobe Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.