Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Essential Guide Poll: ***Blur***
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 05:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Akira
Dazed and confuzzled

Default MB Essential Guide Poll: ***Blur***

Blur

"Blur remind us of the days of the Kinks and Small Faces with a little smidgen of Sex Pistols while encompassing a fresh approach to their unique power/pop/punk plateau. Harmless witty pop that has bite." Zombeels

Recommended Tracks:

1) Parklife (Parklife)

2) Universal (The Great Escape)

3) Country House (The Great Escape)

4) Tender (13) / This is a Low (Parklife)

5) On Your Own (Blur)

Recommended Album:

Modern Life is Rubbish

Similar Artists:

The Kinks
Pulp

Further Info:

Blur (band) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Blur – Listen free at Last.fm
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:j9fpxqq5ld0e~T1

Final Thoughts:

"I think album wise they're not all that, but i can't knock their ability for releasing brilliant singles. Their songs unite thousands, whether it's the pop of Girl and Boys or the rock of Song 2 are known by everyone. Props to them, unlike their peers they developed their sound as well." Piss me Off

"They manage to blend a nice mix of quirky songs such as Parklife or Country House amidst some great writing on This is a Low or Universal. Never ones to take themselves too seriously, they have let themselves create the music that they want, allowing for a consistently steady change and growth down the line." ToeAndno

"There is something very British about Blur that I like that, while leading to lower sale figures on the American market, also brought something very special and charming to their music." The Monkey

[Charmless Men: The Monkey, ToeAndno, Piss Me Off, Sweet Nothing, Minstrel, Zombeels]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
I'd rather my face reek of women's body parts than of comic book ink and dirty NES cartridges.

Last edited by Akira; 10-06-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Akira is offline   Reply With Quote