Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 02:17 PM   #1226 (permalink)
Brad Stengel
This Space for Rent

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaspStar View Post
I can see how the sound of contemporary music can be faulted (digital vs. analog, live setups vs. meticulously overdubbed tracks), and you could even argue that great songs (as opposed to records) have been lacking for a while...but it makes no sense to say that, after a certain point, people just stopped making great music. Maybe they stopped making great rock music, or jazz, or classical, or whatever genre you prefer...so give other genres a chance.

Thank you. I used to think like that in like 9th grade, but then it hit me-would it make any sense at all if something like music, that's been expressing the human spirit better than anything else for thousands of years suddenly ended after (insert last great record someone has in their collection and assumes everything after blew)? It doesnt make sense, music will always be great, and it will always be presented in different ways, and thank CHRIST I figured that out, or Id be stuck with DSOTM on repeat for the rest of my life like all the classic rock bores.