Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 12:49 AM   #1261 (permalink)
DJ Phoenix
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireInCairo View Post
God i hate it when people claim "modern music sucks"
its such a cop out...you're not digging deep enough theres plenty of brilliance out there in between the ****
Not at all...I choose not to listen to it, why?most of what I've heard hurts my ears from it's ****tyness. Now, everyone claims they like so and so, so they can sell a few more records. I doubt the Killers(and I live in Vegas), ever listened to or dug Morrissey/The Smiths, but guess who says that in every ****ing interview they get a chance to do? you guessed it, Brandon Flowers. Most of the time, some band says that so they can dupe some unsuspecting fan into buying their worthless cd. If they were any good in the 1st place, they wouldn't need to do this, their music would stand up by merit, and how wonderful it is, but often times, thats not the case IMHO.

Now, you can make a case that their first disc had an '80's sound, which it did, sorta.

Listen, you guys can give me **** all you want for liking what I like, and so forth. I could be wrong in many eyes, but thats what I like, can't fault you or I for liking who/what we/I do.

The reason why I like 80's music so much is, especially w/Synthpop, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many people/groups took chances w/music then, and went to places they might not have gone before, and the music, for the most part, was fantastic, and phenomenol. Now, were there some stinkers along the way, of course, as is the case w/any genre' But, was there ALOT of brilliance too? of course. Those 80s: Depeche mode/ Siouxsie/Echo and The Bunnymen/Smiths/Thompson Twins/Chameleons, etc cd's are brilliant IMHO. Do they have some downright clunkers on them? of course, but when you bought those cd's, there was like 5-6-7 + songs on the disc that were tremendous, and worth keeping.

Nowadays, you're lucky to get 1-2 songs, and the rest of the disc, I'd wipe my arse with, it's THAT ****ty.

I just think most of todays music, is bands/people trying to copy, or duplicate what happened in the 70s/80s, and when they cant/couldnt do that(and still havent IMHO), they sounded even ****tier, and ruined the original bands/music they were trying to emulate in the first place.

I dont think they can copy/duplicate some of the magnificent stuff that was released in the '80s, but they continue to try, and it pisses me off. Alot of these bands i just cant get into...sorry.
DJ Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote