Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Things That Piss Me Off About Video Games
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 03:27 PM   #270 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
What are you talking about? It dosen't have a bad reputation with less than casual gamers at all. Actually quite the opposite. Why do you think it has so many party games? You think they're just being assh*les? No, the Wii has a much broader demographic than PS3 and 360, the Nintendo hardcore alone wouldn't have made it the best selling system, if that were the case then the N64 and Gamecube obviously would have sold better. With the Wii there is literally something for everybody and since the Wii is marketed as the "family" console theres a good deal of party games to appease that market. And guess what? They're selling like hot cakes.

Wii is the choice console for younger gamers and their parents due to it's greater quanitity of family friendly games. I have even seen some old retirement homes where they have a Wii because Wii Sports is such a hit with the old folks.

The Wii is creating a new interest in video games among a lot of people that were never interested in video games before. And yeah, that's a good thing.
Not for you and me boo boo, and the rest of the "hardcore" demographic.

I know you saw the e3 press conference...
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote