Music Banter - View Single Post - Obama ~ The Issues
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 03:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
WendyCal
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fal View Post
RE: Illinois, Obama is a Senator. His voice is on the national scale not the State scale. The political situation there is irrelevant because he has no control over it, ...
He works, hand in hand, with those other state officials, to (i would hope) better the bad situation, which is getting worse. Whatever they are doing, from the senate on down, it isn't working.

Quote:
Also, what's the background of Chicago? At what point did the Democrats take control? Who was in control before hand? How long has the current organisation been in control and so on and so forth. These are merrily left out of the e-mail.
They weren't 'merrily' (did you mean happily?) left out ~ i figured that y'all might want to do some checking of your own.

Quote:
I live in a state of perpetual confusion at people who seem convinced that the family unit knows best in every family and every situation.
i'm sorry if you have a problem with the state raising our children, but it's a little too 1984 for me. i think parents should be responsible for their children and teach them, ACCORDING TO THEIR OWN VALUES, as is their right. And if you don't like it being a parent's right, you're going to have to take that up with a court of law.

Quote:
No. Not "from the sounds of it", what has he SAID he will do. "Reject free market vision" is a VERY blanket statement, so instead of making assumptions as to what you think he means by that why not post what he's actually said he'll do?!
Didn't i cite my source ~ onthe issues.com? Shall i go copy it?

Quote:
Regarding free healthcare, why does it so often seem that swathes of Americans stick their heads in the sand and ignore that so many other countries have it and it works? Hell, if I get ill I'd rather go to Cuba than America. I'd get the best damn healthcare in the world, and it'd be free for a citizen. I also realise that you apparently have a total lack of conscience but we do, in fact, live in a day and age where we can help those who are too sick and dieing to help themselves. And if that means few dollars of your tax money goes towards that it really won't be the end of the world. What's more important, owning the biggest and best Ferrari or getting somebody antibiotics so that they won't die of infection. Or is it only pro-life when it won't cost you anything? (lol hypocrisy)
Yeppers, i'm one of the most uncaring, unfeeling folks you'd ever want to run across ~ that's probably why i was nurse, caring for the sick and dying, for years. It cost me, alrighty ~ time, effort, and money, not to mention a little piece of my heart every time the job was over.

Please don't presume to know me, okay?