Music Banter - View Single Post - Obama ~ The Issues
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 01:15 AM   #265 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
The difference in wealth seems to call for it though. When the top 20% make up over 90% of the wealth there needs to be proportionate taxation. You can't reasonably expect less than 10% of the nation's wealth to pick up the slack where the other 90% of the wealth wasn't taxed enough. The problem isn't the oddness of the taxation, but how poorly the dollars are spent.
That is so ridiculous. That logic assumes one of two things indisputably.

A) People who make less money are less capable biological then their more fiscally productive counterparts.

B) People should be punished for success.

Which is it?

There is no reason anyone regardless of income should have to pay a higher or lower percentage of the money they earn to the government. The government should have to budget and spend wisely just like the rest of us.

And of course government is inherently corrupt. It is a position of great power people seek great power to A) make use of it B) exploit it

When 50% hell likes say 10% of your applicants are group B some are going to slip through the cracks. Recent history suggests the first number is more accurate then the second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread