Music Banter - View Single Post - Obama ~ The Issues
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 01:16 AM   #267 (permalink)
The Unfan
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
The greatest plight to middle eastern culture is not modern western culture but religion.
Also the greatest plight of the western culture. Go figure.

Quote:
Also image and bigger picture aside the greater concern in the right now has to be the fact that Islamo-Facists want to kill us and that they only respond to violence. They are bullies if you tell them not to do something they do it. If you ask them nice not to do something they agree and then do it anyway. If you barter they take your chips and never hold up their own end. You have to kill them, because if you don't they will kill you. I really believe it's that simple, that black and white. Most things are given enough thought, it always starts with motivation, that'll help you paint the rest of the picture.
Could you imagine giving this advice to kids? "Son, I know there is a bully who has been taking your lunch money. Perhaps you should kill him."

On a more serious note, I think painting it in such a black and white requires completely ignoring third parties. There are more than two sides in this war, and the people cought right in the middle are of just as much value as anyone else.