Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Things That Piss Me Off About Video Games
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 09:51 PM   #346 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
uh.. sega saturn sold 9.5 million in its ENTIRE life. The PS3 has already sold 16 million.
Actually.

The estimated worldwide sales of the Saturn right now is somwhere around 17million, console sales do exceed their lifetime, you know.

You're only counting up until the consoles death, which is just ridiculous, even the Turbografx 16 sold more than 9 million past it's lifetime and it shouldn't even be debatable that the Saturn didn't have it that bad. How a console sells even after it's discontinued is still very important.

Now you may say it's an unfair comparison, calling a 2 year old a console a failure based on how it compares to the accumulated sales of a system that's well over a decade old. But it does matter, a system as big and hyped as the PS3 was expected to sell much higher. The Wii has already outsold the Genesis and the original X Box. The Gamecube still has more units sold than the PS3.

Quote:
I just find it funny how you can use the sales argument when it comes to wii, but then again it means nothing when discussing the gamecube or n64..
Actually no, I think the PS1 and PS2 were superior to the N64 and Gamecube, so I have no real grudges about them selling more units.

And video game consoles aren't like music CD's, their sales actually ARE a good indicator. Sure there are great consoles like the Dreamcast that haven't sold well. But I still can't think of a "bad" console that has sold more than 20 million.

Quote:
They alienated hideo kojima when they didn't make a console powerful enough for his vision. Same can be said for any developer trying to make a more cinematic experience as appose to one relying more heavily on unique gameplay.
Yet he begged to have his character to be featured in a Nintendo game like Brawl? What kind of mixed message is that?

"Hey, will you please add Snake to your upcoming Smash Bros game as a thinly veiled way to promote my new MGS game for the PS3? What? Pay you back with a MGS for the Wii? f*ck you"

Sounds like a real assh*le to me.

Also, they made a MGS game for the f*cking PSP, it's graphics are somewhere around PS1 quality.

Don't tell me graphics is an issue with the Wii.

Quote:
In that sense it is nintendo's fault.
For making such a limited console, yeah I get it. I mean yeah, they're ALL 128 bit machines. But lets just stick with the ones that can better render realistic looking ass fat. Because that's where the fun is at.

Hey, that rhymed.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote