Music Banter - View Single Post - Peace Protestors.
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 07:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
All_Nite_Dinah
Not Impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyrocker
If you want peace you must prepare for war.
You forgot to add the rest of the quote my friend, "I went into the Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I now believe that if you prepare thoroughly for war you will get it."

~Sir John Frederick Maurice

Things take on a whole new meaning when you put them in context. Th sad thing is that our kids will never learn about the times of peace in our nations history simply because the "civilized" nations of the world (America) know more about war than they do about peace. Why do US peace efforts fail? Probobly because we have less experiance wmaintianing peaceful relations with countries than waging war on them.

As for your point stu I understand your frustration, and I agree that many people go to protests for the wrong reasons, but you can only hope that these same kids that go just to be cool acctually end up educating themselves and getting involved with a cause. And I still think that its really silly that people complain about litter when there country is murdering hundreds in foreighn countries. But yes I see the point your making and on some very small level I agree with you.

DEATH TO FALSE DUDES!
All_Nite_Dinah is offline   Reply With Quote