Music Banter - View Single Post - Oh yay, another political thread! (Prop 8, gay marriage stuff)
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 01:24 PM   #78 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
"To whom should propaganda be addressed? … It must be addressed always and exclusively to the masses… The function of propaganda does not lie in the scientific training of the individual, but in calling the masses' attention to certain facts, processes, necessities, etc., whose significance is thus for the first time placed within their field of vision. The whole art consists in doing this so skilfully that everyone will be convinced that the fact is real, the process necessary, the necessity correct, etc. But since propaganda is not and cannot be the necessity in itself … its effect for the most part must be aimed at the emotions and only to a very limited degree at the so-called intellect… it's soundness is to be measured exclusively by its effective result". (Main Kampf, Vol 1, Ch 6 and Ch 12)

They had a shot of Hitler once, and he had his arm around the bust of Nietzsche with this "atta boy" face on. Thats about as emotional as you'll get from hitler.

If Nietzsche is your guy, i don't know that we need to look much further. Zarthustra or otherwise.

That quote I'm citing likely tells you that what hitler says isn't always the truth. Should we look to Chamberlin and his...

"I have in my pocket a letter from Chancellor Hitler; there will be no land war in Europe"

to prove that point?

As I've stated prior, we have people who see an idea they identify with being show for what it is (atheism) and they are suspending logic to defend it to the death.

Come again friends, I'm ready for your fight because you're wrong.

So wrong that you've started trusting the written word of Hitler.
The argument you have set up here is that we really can't trust anything Hilter said or did because it's all just propaganda and manipulation, and there really is no way of knowing what he actually believed in his heart of hearts. And then you claim to know he's an atheist based on some photo-op with a bust of Nietzsche. Does it occur to you that having his photo taken with a bust of one of Germany's most famous philosophers might also be an example of propaganda? Your argument undermines itself. If we really have no way of knowing what he believed based on anything he did or said, then you have to basis for making the claim that he was an atheist.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote