Music Banter - View Single Post - Oh yay, another political thread! (Prop 8, gay marriage stuff)
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 02:49 PM   #92 (permalink)
Voice_of_the_Soul12,13,01
#1 Schuldinist.

Words of wisdom about Gay marriage by The Voice of the Soul;

Well, maybe not wisdom, but definitely my own opinion.

I personally think there is no good reason to ban *** marriage, and every argument I've heard against it is ridiculous;

Marriage is a sacred institution; Bull****. If marriage were so sacred, why do we have divorces, adultery, marriages for green card purposes? The Christians need to take the blind fold off and realize nothing is sacred in this world, and a couple of ***s getting married pales insignificant to, say, all the gold diggers in this world with their hands firmly around the balls of some rich bastard.

Legalizing *** marriage give ***s special rights straight people don't have; I read somewhere some guy said that ***s DO have the right to marry... the opposite gender. They have a right to marry, the same right that straight people have, so supposedly there is no discrimination. I'm thinking "This is ****ing stupid." It gets better; He also said by legalizing *** marriage, we would be giving ***s the "special right" to marry people of the same gender. Suppose this is true. It wouldn't be a special right. Straight people would have the same right to marry people of the same sex as well if *** marriage was legalized. Even with that in mind, WHY would that happen? A straight man isn't going to marry another man no sooner than a *** man is going to marry a woman.

*** marriage will create a slippery slope to legalized bestiality, polygamy, and incest; Oh yeah, because when I think of sodomy in wedlock, I think "Y'know what would make this better? A cowboy banging his life partner/horse while his wife/sister is sucking it off." Bestiality won't be legalized because society still looks upon that as animal abuse. Plus, seeing as how an animal can't legally consent to having sex, it still couldn't work. Incest.... y'can't really stop incest, by law or otherwise. It's going to happen whether you legalize *** marriage or not, and yes I think it's disgusting, but I think *** sex is disgusting. My thoughts shouldn't stop other people from doing it.

However, while I think it's wrong for the government to even conceive a ban of *** marriage, doing the opposite would be just as unconstitutional. Forcing the Church to do something that goes against their beliefs, no matter how discriminating it may be, is a violation of their First Amendment rights. In Christianity, homosexuality is a sin, and if they don't want to condone it, who are we to force them to believe as we do? We'd be no better than them. Freedom is a two way street. If a priest or a minister decides on his own to marry two *** people, that's great, but they shouldn't be forced to do it, nor should they be forced to not do it.

As far as civil unions go, the government is obligated to grant ***s this right. The government isn't influenced by a higher supernatural power (or isn't supposed to be), so religion or the freedom of religion doesn't apply.

I would say more, but I must get ready for work.
And taste a memory
Of a time in life
When years seemed to stand still
Voice_of_the_Soul12,13,01 is offline   Reply With Quote