Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 5 Reasons why MB sucks.
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 10:53 AM   #84 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

No that isnt it. We CAN'T cater to the smaller genres because not enough listen to it. I only used that as an example and I personally have done my utmost to promote reggae but it's just not big enough to draw people in, so maybe we should ditch a few forums and up the ante on our strengths?

Metal is definitely insular. I spent my youth exclusively in that genre and realised that at an early age. I'm am pertaining to the fact that we have a metal forum so new members join expecting debate and usually get fired off or leave which is understandable but disappointing too. I guess I wish that everyone could be like myself and just listen to everything but that won't happen.

As for kid's looking for acceptance-virtually everyone under 20 is looking for acceptance and in many cases many over that age, and that is an understandable trait but you are right in the fact that this is also to the detriment of individualism in may cases.

I Know that this thread is ultimately my own personal rant at not Just aspects of MB but listening habits on a whole, I do however feel that there are not enough well thought out opinions voiced on MB which is a crying shame. Except you Big3. Kudos to you.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote