Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 5 Reasons why MB sucks.
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 11:28 AM   #85 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

I'm going to pretend that those comments were sincere; thank you.

With regard to Reggae, I know I have only a small amount of time during the week where I'm able to listen to music period. I don't dislike Reggae but its one of those things where I would have to put in a considerable amount of work to know what to listen to during those two hours on monday night when I can hear things.

My suggestion might be to take Metal and make it its own forum. If its insular, let it be insular but I don't think we should drop the banner of musical expansion, especially with a genre that needs it more than others.

How about a "thing of the week" feature on the site where, featured prominently at the top of the page we have a few videos up there for viewing. Not comment, but viewing. If people should find their way to listening to more, viewing that forum, or making a thread, so be it. But I don't know if its wrong to feature an act each week. Downloads to me are quite a bit of work, I'm on a 7 year old computer with no room left for anything and the lurking visage of viri everywhere.

I think these guys pining for uploaded files forget that not everyones working on an Alienware laptop.

The kids are kids, and I won't lie, I ****ing hate them. They make me hate this site, they do nothing but make humorless, inside-jokes at one another with leet speak but most folks frown on genocide. Maybe I'm still sore from my witchhunt when I was a mod. No, I'm definitely still sore. In 3 years well see who comes around.