Music Banter - View Single Post - William DuVall: new Alice In Chains singer
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 02:36 AM   #21 (permalink)
DJ Phoenix
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
LOL. Didn't you a have a thread about the Cure's new album not too long ago?
I did so what? I know they may not be "relevant" right now, or have been in some time, but their not coming out as "The Cure" with a different lead singer, and Pol is back, so it's almost the same.

I can say that i dont listen to too much current music, admittedly, so I dont know who's still "relevant" or not in this day and age. But, I do know that calling it AIC, when it really isn't, is a scam and the fans lose out the most.

As big of a Journey fan as i am, I refuse to buy a single thing they've put out, that does not have Steve Perry on it, why? they're nothing more than a cover band now. The fans lose out, and thats what's sad.

I didnt mind AIC back in the day, infact, I dug "The Rooster" quite a bit, but once they kinda got lumped in with the whole "grunge scene" thing, and people decided to move on and away from it, they sort of lost relevance. Coming back now, after all these years, with a new lead singer is fine, just dont call it AIC, as that means(in MY opinion anyways), that it's a scam.

Quote:
He's a wonderful source on bands that matter.
Maybe not to you, but thats fine. Just voicing my opinion, whether you like it or not. I like alot of bands/music that arent "relevant" nowadays, no arguement there. But, I don't think it's a good idea to come back as AIC when you're not.
DJ Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote