Music Banter - View Single Post - William DuVall: new Alice In Chains singer
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 03:40 AM   #25 (permalink)
DJ Phoenix
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
Alice in Chains weren't relevant when Layne Staley was alive and you can rest knowing that they'll be even more awful than before. I just find it funny how you'll shit on some bands that shouldn't be around now but you'll praise others that should have stopped making music twenty years ago.
Most of those bands you speak of that I praise that shoulve "quit" years back? even with the **** some of them are still putting out, it's 1,000 times better than most of the garbage on the radio today. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Acutally, your statement isn't true technically. I listen to 80s music?mostly: new wave/synthpop/goth etc., I support these bands, and their new stuff.

You may not like U2, and their "relevancy" might not be up their with the likes of: Paramore/The Ting Tings or some other extremely ****ty group NME and others absolutely cream over, & thats fine. But, I've enjoyed U2's last 2 discs, as i have w/Duran Duran/Morrissey/DM/The Cure, etc. 3 of those bands haven't been "relevant" in years, and know what? Im still buying thewir wonderful music.

You got me on AIC still sucking. I'm by no means a member of their fanclub, I dug that one song, and will stick to what i said: they shouldnt call it AIC if it's not.
DJ Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote