Music Banter - View Single Post - The BCS
Thread: The BCS
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 09:18 AM   #94 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoldlaw View Post
So which game did Oklahoma play that was soo much better?
Most all of them; They won by larger margins against against five of six like opponents including a 44 point drubbing against the team that beat Texas. The only exception is the A&M match-up in which Texas won by a margin two points greater then Oklahoma.

Also Oklahoma's non-conference schedule is considerably better including TCU and Cincinnati; both have been ranked in the top 10 this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoldlaw View Post
Both oklahoma and texas lost 1 so it comes down to HEAD to HEAD as it does in the NFL.
Actually in the NFL system the Sooners would get in also. Texas Tech has one loss as well so head to head is thrown out and it goes to division record (same), conference record (same) and finally scoring margin where Oklahoma has the edge over the Longhorns and the Red Raiders.

The BCS will never be fair but there are just as many if not more arguments for Oklahoma then Texas.

To me this Bowl season has proven a few things.

1. The bowls (to goddamn many) are now all meaningless and thus mostly terrible. Still I can live with half the bowls being meaningless, but when the Orange Bowl sucked as hard as it did this year...geez.

2. Need a playoff or plus one system now; Utah, USC and Texas, if they win vs. OSU all will have just as good if not better claims to the National Championship at the end of the season as will the winner of the Oklahoma\Florida game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote