Music Banter - View Single Post - So do you feel rock will be on top again
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 11:28 AM   #48 (permalink)
Aurelius
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
It drives me nuts that MTV barley plays music anymore.. if they do its rap or r&b. Now i dont mind the ppl who like it but i remember in the mid 90's you could still watch a rock video or two. I just think that things have gone down hill and now ppl are more concearned with the BS that is spoonfed to them.
I want the Rock to be played in between Cribs you know. I just feel that in this materialistic world that we live in more so now than ever ppl dont even care about the music they care about things that surround it. Rap videos to me are basically billboards for clothes and other items.
And i guess that what ppl want right now... Its has no meaning...
This is pretty much all MTV plays.
However, if you live in the UK (im assuming its just the UK), then why don't you try Kerrang!? Yes, i know its pretty much mainstream, but its about the closest we can get. Also, Suzz isn't a bad channel, and it plays some older stuff.
As for my opinion.. i think that people are too into listening to "fashionable" mainstream pop crap.. well, thats being too general, i do like the occasional song. I woud like their to be somewhere small, local bands can get a mention, as they are sometimes better than the mainstream.