Music Banter - View Single Post - Most overrated bands ever?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #1958 (permalink)
dac
MB's Biggest Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
The Mars Volta is, in my opinion, a gigantic cluster**** of terrible laced with the most grating vocals known to man. How this passes as music as beyond me, and prog at that? Just give a moment to throw some instruments down a flight of stairs and sing in an obnoxious falsetto and I'll be king of the art ***s.

Edit: ATDI sucked too.
For me that description would apply more so to ATDI which to me gets a bit repetitive. I don't care if it's prog or not, TMV is great and the vocals are far more pleasing than those of 75% of metal bands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Yeah but the influence from classic rock bands like Queen, The Who, Jeff Buckley and Yes are much more present. Matt Bellamy dosen't even like Radiohead that much. He's always compared to Yorke, but his vocals come off as more Freddie Mercury and Jeff Buckley than Thom Yorke to me.
Both draw heavily from Buckley in my eyes (or ears), though Bellamy added his own little detestable style of breathing to the formula. The first two Muse albums are legit and I'll give them credit where credit is due, but the latest two just sound like they gave OK Computer one too many spins.