Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 5 Reasons why MB sucks.
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 09:55 PM   #112 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by swim View Post
I'm pretty in love with Adrian Orange, Karl Blau, The Halo Benders, etc, etc, name drop, name drop. Why would I make a thread on every band I like? I'm pretty sure most people hold back on most of the stuff they like different from everyone and just focus on posting on stuff they have in common. Music is too broad of a subject. If you go to more genre/label oriented boards that's where you find a good healthy discussion on more obscure bands.
Want to PM me tracks from those acts and I'll check it out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justnic View Post
Nope. People who try, people who put forth the same amount of energy as any band. Mainstream or indie. I have respect for basically any and every band I ever saw pouring buckets of sweat to an empty audience, who recorded it all in their own house because they never had the money for studio time, for the bands who spend time after the shows talking to fans because they really do mean something to them. I just don't like people whining about things they too, can achieve. It's silly. As for mainstream bands, good for them. I don't much care for most of the material, but they obviously worked hard enough to get themselves where they are. Their time will rise and fall, that's just the way it is, but they did it. That's what matters.
I'll agree that people exagerate their point half the time so it doesn't sound so rehashed and boring, but we're walking down the path of "its not ok to say you don't like something because effort was put in."

Its fine to say you don't like something so long as you say why. If I hurt someones feeling thats really thier burden to bare, unless its something personal like

"jesus christ no wonder you were adopted. If my wife ****s a kid out like you, the best you'd hope for is adoption."

If its pertaining to the art you shouldn't limit it.