Music Banter - View Single Post - Coldplay
Thread: Coldplay
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 06:39 AM   #469 (permalink)
Akira
Dazed and confuzzled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin B. View Post
I sincerely doubt if you've ever listened,and I mean really listened to Dido's music and you simply dislike her because she doesn't pass your arbitrary litmus test of coolness.

One of the most unappealing aspects of the music business is the insufferable arrogance of self-appointed arbiters of good taste. Musical elitism is often a mask for musical ignorance.

If you're going to heap scorn on me for liking Dido at least give me some valid musical reasons why you think she's lame. Your own musical tastes are as completely subjective as everybody else's, and at the end of the day, nobody really cares what you think.

Wow, you're going to last long here

I actually like Dido to an extent, I don't have a problem with her. But, I would put her in the same category as Coldplay at the most.

Secondly, try making your first sentence readable.

Thirdly, all of this preaching about "self-appointed arbiters of good taste" etc is exactly what you were doing when talking about Coldplay.

Fourth, I don't give a damn about being cool.

Fifth, when did I heap scorn at you?

Sixth, of course tastes are subjective, so how come you are right and I am wrong? If anyone should be right (which nobody can) it should be the one who has heard more music and can judge it in relation to everything else.

And finally, fuck off. I think you'll find less people care about your opinions if you keep up that attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
I'd rather my face reek of women's body parts than of comic book ink and dirty NES cartridges.
Akira is offline   Reply With Quote