Music Banter - View Single Post - Why I hate Metallica
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 12:42 PM   #221 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrawker07 View Post
i don't see the problem people make out of p2p sharing. most people will buy a cd if they like it. i have downloaded a lot of music but i still go out and buy the cds of bands i like. i have found a bunch of bands that if i didn't find it online i probably would have never even heard of. i don't see anyting wrong with it. if you only dl and never buy a cd well you probably wouldn't have bought the cd anyways even if you didn't dl music.

metallica are huge sellouts. there are differing opinions on the matter but you can't honestly tell me that they are in it for the music and not money. they put out 4 great albums and have ridden that train into the ground making mediocre music at best since then. yes they sue napster but they also went after the end users as well, their fans. i don't believe any of the fans got sued but they were banned from sites. they then produce some kind of monster which they might as well of called metallica's reality show. they are an overrated band by far and in my opinion are sellouts because they are driven by money.
Why would they be in it for the money? According to people in this thread they have so much money that they don't need any more.