Music Banter - View Single Post - Please complete my 80s playlist
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 10:23 PM   #24 (permalink)
Gavin B.
Model Worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molecules View Post
^^^the bush tetras were great but what the f*ck happened to Gang of Four?
Go4 did an short tour on East Coast of the USA about a year and half ago. Jon and Andy are still their old raucous and revolutinary selves. I'm suprised that John and Andy can still careen across the stage and body slam each other at their age. God I love that band and I've seen them more times than I can count.

The Gang of Four is still very active and does a limited schedule of touring in both the UK and the USA. You have to keep your eyes open because the gigs aren't usually well advertised.

Good News: Go4's cool website:Gang Of Four : Home

Gang of Four have only a single date on their schedule this spring at the All Tommorrow's Partys with the Breeders:

May 15th 2009- Minehead, UK - All Tomorrows Partys (curated by The Breeders).
You can purchase tickets at the elongated, but effective hotlink below:

</title> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/atp/themes/ATPv1/layout.css" /> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/atp/themes/ATPv1/leftmenu.css" /> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/atp/themes/ATPv1/style.css" /> <meta

Here some snapshots of Go4 at the Download Festival USA in August 2008.

It's eerie how little the band has aged over the past 30 years. As Andy said when he greeted the audience at the Download Fest, "Greetings, it's as if time has been standing still." Well put, commrade Andy.

Last edited by Gavin B.; 01-17-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Gavin B. is offline   Reply With Quote