Music Banter - View Single Post - Blur or Oasis
Thread: Blur or Oasis
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 09:30 PM   #296 (permalink)
Cast
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
You really think so?

8. "To Be Where There's Life" Gem Archer 4:35
9. "Ain't Got Nothin'" L. Gallagher 2:15
10. "The Nature of Reality" Andy Bell 3:48
11. "Soldier On" L. Gallagher

I'd say 3 out of those 4 were good tunes, the odd one out being Liams Aint Got Nothing. However that song aint half as bad as High Horse which is Noels and the worst track on the record.

Noels tunes are decent on this record, im not arguing that but 2 out of 3 of Liams are really good I think, as are Gems and Andy's.
This seems to the general idea from the fans. i mean none of the tracks are that bad they just aren't as good as Noel's. Ain't Got Nothin is a better Meaning of Soul. To Be Where There's Life is Gem's best tune yet. The Nature of Reality isn't that amazing cos I loved both Turn Up The Sun and Keep The Dream Alive and the b-side Thank You For the Good Times but its probably the most stomping oasis tune next to High Horse. Speaking of High Horse the tune shouldn't be that good but some how Noel pulls it off. Soldier On is probably the second worst closer next to "better man" that the band has ever done but in that regard Soldier On isn't that bad its a nice little dreamy ending but the original closer "I Wanna Live In A Dream In My Record Machine" was supposed to be an epic 10 min type of deal but it didn't get done cos Liam went and got married also High Horse wasn't supposed to be on the album the original first single Come On Its Alright got forgotten about or something. The second half of the record by no means is bad i enjoy every track on the album its just compared to the first half it seems a little weak in my opinion.

Pulp was so underrated Jarvis ****er is one of the most underrated guys out there and he is just plain cool.
Cast is offline   Reply With Quote