Music Banter - View Single Post - Life After Death
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 04:15 PM   #56 (permalink)
Terrible Lizard
****ER OF HOLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i don't think you can submerge destruction under creation but they're certainly two sides of the same coin, in the same way that every presence implies an absence and there is a constant presence of absence. so there are really two kinds of nothing, the "present" nothing which lets us define the states of things-- as in, it is monday, not tuesday, i am not sick or dead, i am not supposed to be anywhere, etc. and also a hidden nothing which can't be captured by forms or thought of as 'something' because it is completely formless and is completely absent from experience in any form. one nothing can become something, like the absence of snow could turn into a presence. the other kind is a "true" nothingness in that you can't even talk or reason about it, because as nothing it cannot be an object. as far as creation goes, the first type of nothing already implies a something which it contrasts against, and so is already a step past creation. the second type by its very nature cannot become something, because that would be a violation of its identity. if it is able to violate its own identity, however, we might be able to assign a will to it and call it god.

That's assuming the single universe theory, and the idea that the orchestration of the universe hasn't happened before.

But I find it a fascinating idea that God might be the void itself.