Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 04:43 AM   #2269 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsubmissivewife View Post

I'm torn when it comes to this movie. The religious aspect became very annoying after a while, and I didn't care for how the monsters looked. The story was typical Stephen King...at one point at the beginning I felt like I was watching "The Langoliers" again. But I thought Thomas Jane and Marcia Gay Harden (as annoying as her character was) did a pretty good job and the ending really got to me. (I'd never read the story, so it was a surprise to me). I also loved Frances Sternhagen's character...she was one bad ass old lady.
Favorite line from the movie:
"Shut up, you miserable buzzard! Stoning people who piss you off is perfectly okay. They do it in the Bible, don't they? And I got lots of peas! "

6.5/10
The ending was added on by the director with King's blessing. The story's ending was more upbeat. First time I watched it I was disappointed but second viewing was a lot better once you know what was going on.

Watched last night:

Plus points:

Considering it cost £100,000 it looks excellent and is relatively well acted. It is has some great macabre moments

Minus points:

I am unclear as to the motivations of certain characters and certain ideas are only glimpsed at and never expanded upon.

Despite reviews calling this film sick, it really is not that bad. You only actually see one person being killed outright. I think if a little more black humour could have been added then it could very well attain cult status.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote