Music Banter - View Single Post - I-Doser
Thread: I-Doser
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 04:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

Yeah I know that's the next section. I'll post that too. What do you mean they're biased? Did you read the sources? They knew all about binaural beats before the guy that created I-Doser knew they existed. You're acting like all these people (who, again, wrote these things WAY before I-Doser was conceived) were all "in on it". Of course he wrote things from people who say it works! He DID say at the very beginning of the guide that it isn't for everyone. If you don't believe it works, great! That's fine, if you believe it can, then try it! He includes 2 free doses and if you don't feel anything, then don't try any more.

Altered States

Binaural beats can easily be heard at the low frequencies (<30 Hz) that are characteristic of the EEG spectrum (Oster, 1973). This perceptual phenomenon of binaural beating and the objective measurement of the frequency-following response (Hink, Kodera, Yamada, Kaga, & Suzuki, 1980) suggest conditions that facilitate entrainment of brain waves and altered states of consciousness. There have been numerous anecdotal reports and a growing number of research efforts reporting changes in consciousness associated with binaural-beats. "The subjective effect of listening to binaural beats may be relaxing or stimulating, depending on the frequency of the binaural-beat stimulation" (Owens & Atwater, 1995). Binaural beats in the delta (1 to 4 Hz) and theta (4 to 9 Hz) ranges have been associated with reports of relaxed, meditative, and creative states (Hiew, 1995), and used as an aid to falling alseep. Binaural beats in the alpha frequencies (8 to 12 Hz) have increased alpha brain waves (Foster, 1990) and binaural beats in the beta frequencies (typically 16 to 24 Hz) have been associated with reports of increased concentration or alertness (Monroe, 1985) and improved memory (Kennerly, 1994). Passively listening to binaural beats may not spontaneously propel you into an altered state of conciousness. One's subjective experience in response to binaural-beat stimulation may also be influenced by a number of meditating factors. For example, the willingness and ability of the listener to relax and focus attention may contribute to binaural-beat effectiveness in the inducing state changes. "Ultraradian rythms in the nervous system are characterized by periodic changes in arousal and states of consciousness (Rossi, 1986; Shannahoff-Khalsa, 1991; Webb & Dube, 1981). These naturally occurring shifts may underlie the anecodtal reports of fluctuations in the effectiveness of binaural beats. External factors are also thought to play roles in mediating the effects of binaural beats" (Owens & Atwater, 1995). The perception of a binaural beat is, for example, said to be heightened by the addition of white noise to the carrier signal (Oster, 1973), so white noise is often used in the background. "Music, relaxation exercises, guided imagery, and verbal suggestion have all been used to enhance the state-changing effects of the binaural beat" (Owens & Atwater, 1995). Other practices such as humming, toning, breathing exercises, autogenic training, and/or biofeedback can also used to interrpt the homeostasis of resistant subjects (Tart, 1975).
CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote