Music Banter - View Single Post - A Random Assortment of Favourites
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 09:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Akira
Dazed and confuzzled

Smile A Random Assortment of Favourites

So as I find doing lists of favourite albums hard enough, especially putting them into any kind of order, I've decide to randomly go through some favourites and not put any number to it and it shall be in no order. I'm not going to shy away from any 'mainstream' albums, if I love it then I love. I'm not one of those pricks who automatically dis-credit an album just because a lot of people like it.

So, without further ado:

Aretha Franklin - I Never Loved A Man The Way I Love You

A lovely soulful album. Yes, it has Respect on it, which obviously is going to get all the attention especially as it opens the album. But there are some really lovely subtle songs on here as well. My favourite track on here is Baby Baby Baby, absolutely wonderful vibe to it and Aretha's vocals are just perfect, not too much, not too little.

The Band - The Band

When I'm in the right mood, this album is perfect for enhancing it. It's almost like a more laid back CCR, just plodding through the album with just enough effort to make it still great. I love The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down and Across the great divide is a great opener for this album.

Blue Oyster Cult - Fire Of Unknown Origin

When I require cheesy rock, I usually turn to good old BOC and this album in particular. As crazy as it may be, I can't get enought of the title track and Joan Crawford rocks as well. Plus, just look at the great cover.

Blur - Modern Life Is Rubbish

I grew up listening to Blur as they emerged and this album is by far my favourite from them. It also brings back some fantastic memories of my youth. I know it is quite popular on this forum which makes me happy. None of the songs are amazing, the album isn't amazing, but some things dont have to be. It's just a fun listen of perfect poppy songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
I'd rather my face reek of women's body parts than of comic book ink and dirty NES cartridges.

Last edited by Akira; 02-13-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Akira is offline   Reply With Quote