Music Banter - View Single Post - A Random Assortment of Favourites
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Akira
Dazed and confuzzled

Otis Blue: Otis Redding Sings Soul

The finest example of a soul record. If you are not clued up on soul then you have to start here. Amazing songs, sung by one of the best voices in soul. Everything here just oozes emotion, I love this album so much.

Jeff Wayne - The War of the Worlds

This next one is a Marmite album, you'll love it or hate it. Most of the people who love it, like myself, grew up listening to this late at night in the dark. I spent hours in bed with this blasting through my headphones, fascinated by the narrative and just loving the music. Yes it's very cheesey and, yes, it can be over the top but for those who grew up with this it is also a blast to listen to.

Philip Glass - Koyaanisqatsi

Philip Glass is one of my favourite composers and it is difficult to single out a recording. I went with this, the score to an equally amazing film. The music contained is so powerful and moving.

Tracy Chapman -Tracy Chapman

Chapman sings with such honesty and beauty and, despite bringing up a lot of political and social issues in her music, it often seems as though she is just singing for herself. Certainly someone who I wish would record a hell of a lot more than she has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
I'd rather my face reek of women's body parts than of comic book ink and dirty NES cartridges.
Akira is offline   Reply With Quote