Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Most Important Albums To You
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 11:33 PM   #144 (permalink)
Rob-Boy
Groupie

Brand New - Deja Entendu
I didn't even know the word "emo," I just really appreciated the diversity and emotion of the songs, as well as a lot of the lyricism. I listened to the CD until it wore out.

Thrice - The Artist In The Ambulance
I had heard a couple songs before by Thrice, and besides Deadbolt, none really inspired me to buy a cd. I ended up getting this CD out of some pizza box deal, and couldn't put it down.

The Faint - Blank Wave Arcade
This was my introduction to alternative fused with electronic... or however you want to classify them. The CD sat on a shelf for a while, and it wasn't until I needed a new CD for my car that I realized the catchiness and playability of this CD.

Franz Ferdinand - Self Titled
It's just danceable. Plain and simple. Totally upbeat. I fell in love with Auf Achse.

Sum 41 - All Killer, No Filler
So this was like... end of junior high school. At the time, it was an awesome CD, and reinforced my desire to play drums. This was before I realized the entity that was Neil Peart.

Something Corporate - Leaving Through The Window
Who knew piano rock could be fun?

Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism
Again. I had no idea of the stupid concept that was "Emo." It was just a good collection of great songs.

AFI - Sing The Sorrow
I had known about AFI for a bit, but I was never into a lot of their more punk songs (discounting cruise control.) but they caught my attention with The Art Of Drowning's "The Days of the Phoenix." When Sing The Sorrow came out, I realized that the whole atmosphere of this CD was awesome. Then came decemberunderground, which was a total letdown.

I could post a couple more, but they'd likely just blend in with the other bands. Jimmy Eat World, No Use For A Name, GOB. I've never been a huge classic rock fan.