Music Banter - View Single Post - Black History Month...
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 08:55 PM   #53 (permalink)
ProggyMan
Reformed Jackass

Quote:
Proggy is right...there's an entire region of the world who wants the Jewish people (not just Israel) wiped off the face of the planet. This isn't even bringing into account the fact there's still Neo-Nazis out there and people who think the Jews control the world. I don't like going into "oh who has it worse" but saying Jewish people aren't suffering any sort of prejudice is just stupid.
Well, I was actually talking about the racism towards Middle Eastern people in the U.S., but yeah, there's a lot of groups experiencing just as much racism as Blacks, why not have a month dedicated to teaching the histories of oppressed peoples?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khfreek View Post
I am not minimizing the pain felt by other races. You and I both know black people have had it worse, and for longer, than any other race on the Earth.

We shouldn't even be arguing why other races should have their own month when you think black history month itself is a bad concept.
I don't think it's a bad concept I think it's stupid for it to only include black people.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote