Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Most Important Albums To You
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 01:22 PM   #147 (permalink)
skillswithaz
Groupie

1. Led Zeppelin 4 CD compilation
My dad had this and a lot of their tapes as well. I just remember loving CD 3. Achilles Last Stand, Kashmir, Trampled Underfoot were my 3 favorite. I didn't even understand how great this band was but I just completely loved them and played these CD's over and over.

2. Deltron 3030
I was very big into hip hop when I was younger and I believe this was the first CD I owned (besides Baha Men). The title track blew my mind when I first listened to it and I think it was the first time I fell in love with music.

3. Journey - Greatest Hits
Listening to this made me want to become a singer. Every song perfectly blends pop with great musicianship and this album was my first foray out of 70s classic rock and 90s hip hop.

4. Brand New Deja Entendu
I couldn't ever understand why I loved this band so much. I certainly wasn't impressed by the technical skill and didn't think anything about them was that great. But I couldn't stop listening. This album made me realize current rock music is being made in the world and it's music I can enjoy.

5. Blackalicous - Nia
Just a purely amazing album that I couldn't stop listening to for a very long time.

6. Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends
I know just about every word to every song on this album. So many memories go along with it.

7. Pink Floyd - The Wall
Blew my mind. I can laying on the floor in my living room blasting Comfortably Numb. I was transported to a different world as I became the music.

8. Bone Thugs & Harmony - East 1999 Eternal
I was into this album when I was about 4 years old. Never outgrew it.

9. Saosin - Translating the Name
Where Journey made me want to become a singer, I actually became one when I was so fascinated with Anthony Green and this band. Seven Years has a couple hundred plays on my computer. As I got more and more into hardcore music, I found bands I was disappointed with. Saosin resurrected me into the genre and I stayed for quite a while.

10. Lion of the North - The Compass Calls
Only 4 songs but it got me into emo music. I wrote my college essay about this band. I still can't stop listening to them.
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote