Music Banter - View Single Post - The 10 Track Mixtape Thread (Song Lists Without Links Will Be Deleted)
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 09:02 AM   #749 (permalink)
Demonoid
Music Addict

Here's a random compilation I just made. I really didn't know what to do on, and went with "non-english" vocals/lyrics I seem to enjoy. Hehe, don't worry, none of it is too obscure/hard to get into. Don't ask for any translations as anything other than Italian/French is just too much of a stretch for me to even try and understand. I've been using online translators myself although they do seem to get the worst when it comes to Asian languages

1. Quella Vecchia Locanda - Un Giorno, Un Amico
Decided to put some Italian prog. to start it off. Not goona pester you with too much of vocals, as they come in only later in the song.

2. The Plastic People of the Universe - Constipation
A band from the Czech Republic who were influenced by Zappa quite a bit and it definitely shows here. Their music is really dark-psychedelic. The quality isn't the best here, but well, it was ripped by me and finding a better rip online isn't easy.

3. 東京事変 (Tokyo Jihen) - 秘密
Led by Japanese popstar Shiina Ringo, they had an eclectic mix of Jazz and Japanese-pop. She sure does know to sing.

4. 椎名林檎 (Shiina Ringo) - 宗教
And while we are on the topic of Shiina Ringo, lets go to her solo recordings. She mixes Japanese pop, noise, classical...even electronic bits effortlessly. Calling her simply 'pop' just doesn't suit her music.

5. Dolores Delirio - Aprendizaje
The Peruvian version of The Cure/Joy Division.

6. АукцЫон - День Победы
These Russians are way too cool...they keep changing their sound after every release. This is one of their jazzier bits, Russian style .

7. Peter King - Shango
The funk of Africa! Similar to Fela Kuti.

8. Amadou & Mariam - Mon Amour, Ma Cherie
I don't know, but everything from Africa seems to have this rhythm and groove one could immediately relate to. This is some of the more bluesy stuff.

9. Osamu Kitajima - Track 1(??)
I've got almost all his recording, but god, it's so messed up atm. Anyways, it's a great mix of ethnic Asian music and Psychedelia. Sounds weird, but he sure does know to play the guitar.

10. Lhasa - Los Peces
She has a wonderful voice, but what makes the music even better are the arrangements. She sings in spanish and her influences range from Mexican/latin music to American folk to eastern European folk. Too bad, I don't understand a word .

Get it here!!!
Demonoid is offline   Reply With Quote