Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 02:40 PM   #2591 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molecules View Post

been meaning to see this for time. Really clever if slightly dated PG-13 espionage thriller, great cast. Whenever it threatened to be dragged down in my estimation by that nagging daytime television feeling it charmed me with it's script. It was just good old-fashioned twists, turns and tension and it has made me appreciate Robert Redford. Recognized River Phoenix in a bit part and decided to investigate further...

... I really ought to have seen this earlier. Gus Van Sant has done some real pap, but this was better than 'Drugstore Cowboy', 'Good Will Hunting' and 'Gerry' put together. It follows Phoenix's character Mike, a narcoleptic hustler; but the second act randomly detours into Scott's (Reeves in full wood mode) story, which as is turns out is an adaptation of Henry IV, which I've never read, but this injected some lyricism and intrigue into the narrative which was much appreciated. Who doesn't love Shakespeare?
I'm still reeling from R.P's understated performance, what a talent. Sexy as f*ck too.

edit: M.O.P.I is on youtube as well so you have no excuse fools
Nah. My Own Private Idaho is good. But I guess it was just too much of a disorienting experience for me to consider it great.

Of course a lot of Van Sants non hollywood films can be pretty disorienting. But his somber style worked much better with Drugstore Cowboy and Elephant, they weren't as pretentious.

Van Sant is a very talented director, but when he's at his worst.

HOLEEEEEEEEE SH*T!

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote