Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 04:00 PM   #2599 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
I can obviously understand why one would consider any of Van Sants films pretentious. But Drugstore Cowboy was still overall a very powerful film, as was his big hollywood effort Good Will Hunting.

The criticisms you're giving to Drugstore and Elephant applie to MOPO by a very good margin. C'mon, a film about two male hookers with no linear plot and a lot of pretentious ranting.

It deserved praise for it's highly original story, great style and Pheonix's performance but. I feel it could have been a much more powerful film but the characters are a bit too eccentric and aloof to connect with, plus I f*cking hate Keanu Reeves.
I hate Keanu Reeves too, but all the soliloquies and eccentricity was the Henry IV bit in the middle, that tells Scott's story and Fat Bob or whatever his name was (I was ashamed to be able to recognise Flea on sight here aswell). It all depends on where you stand with that theatrical business I suppose, it definitely felt like two films spliced together. I'll rewatch it soon and see if it loses anything

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote