Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you reading right now?
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 03:58 PM   #1189 (permalink)
Wifey Boozer
Meanie McFeany

The Autobiography of Joseph Stalin: A Novel
Richard Lourie

I'm doing a research paper on the human monster (I use this phrase because... everyone sees him as a cold-hearted mass-murderer. Which he was, inexcusably. But he was also a severely abused child raised by a raging alcoholic and a mother who had to pay the bills by whoring herself out to the small town of Georgia [Georgia in Russia] where everyone knew everyone and her son got the brunt of her promiscuity in the schoolyard. His childhood was horrible - he had a withered left arm, a scarred face from surviving small pox, it's argued in present day that he had shown signs of depression and schitzophrenia. He married a schitzophrenic who killed herself and drove him nuts in the process. He also loved his daughter to ****. There are human qualities to this man that everyone ignores. It'll be a hella offensive research paper.)... and I was supposed to be buying a book that was non-fiction, but when I saw this, I could not resist. The first line in it is, "Leon Trotsky is trying to kill me!" Which is, not only extremely comical, but extremely ironic given... we all know what happened in Mexico.

... Stalin had a FANTASTIC moustache.

Formerly known as the Prime Minister of Spain.

[backintheubbr]
Wifey Boozer is offline   Reply With Quote